Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter

Can you believe I am 6 months old? Here are some new things I am doing these days:
1. I have discovered that my little fingers feel really good when I dance them on my head. Mom finds me doing it to sooth myself. One funny time, I was caught with one hand scratching my head and the other scratching my cousin, Ryan’s head who was laying beside me.
2. I started eating solid foods! Mom started me on rice cereal and that was ok. I put up with it for about a week but then I decided that was enough. For a couple of days, each time I ate a bite my face contorted and I even choked on most bites. Since my mom decided choking me to death was not worth feeding me rice, she got some oatmeal and I am loving it!
3. Even though I am still a pretty chill baby, when I get talking and screaming there is nothing stopping me. I’m sure the neighbors will be complaining soon. I love the sound of my high pitched screeching and can easily tire myself (and my mommy) out with it.
4. I am sleeping even less than before I started eating solid food! I wake up every 2-4 hours. Isn’t that great! Well according to mom it is not that great especially because she thought I would sleep better with a full belly. There are many possible reasons I am sleeping less and none of us are quite sure what it is. I tend to get a lot of gas at night plus my nose plugs up in the mornings. Hopefully we will figure it out soon.
5. I am reaching for the unreachable. Reaching for toys that are just to far makes me so close to rolling from my back to my belly. I’ll get there eventually. I am a pro at rolling from my belly to my back.
Three Sundays ago, mom and dad gave talks in church. Dad’s talk was on enduring to the end and mom’s talk was on Christ’s atonement (with the Easter season). I was pretty tired so grandma held me in the back. I listened to mom’s talk because I know her voice so well but I was too tired to stay awake during dad’s talk. They were both happy when they were done. Mommy wants to thank everyone who helped her with her talk, especially Grandma Schlenker and Auntie Crystal.
That same weekend Uncle Derek had a sad ending to a fun night up in Edmonton. He and some friends went to a gymnastics facility to play and while diving over some tall structures, Uncle Derek landed on his wrist in between 2 mats and broke it quite severely. He was admitted to the hospital and went into surgery the next morning. He had 2 plates and 13 screws inserted and has to have a cast on for 6-8 weeks. This is his 4th broken wrist. Mommy hopes I do not follow the trend of her family breaking a lot of bones.
Last weekend was Easter. On Friday I helped mom and grandma babysit Cousin Ryan and Cousin Kat while their parents went out for a night on the town to celebrate their anniversary. On Saturday, the whole family went out for ice cream to celebrate Cousin Katie being in town for spring break. Afterward I went to bed and mom went to play games at the Vastola’s but she didn’t last long because like most nights, she is very tired (I guess that is my fault). On Sunday, we all relaxed in the morning and then headed over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Coppers for supper and games. All the partying made it seem like Easter but the rainy weather made it seem like winter. Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment