Monday, March 22, 2010

5 month highlights




On March 9th, I turned 5 months old. I am making leaps and bounds in my development! First, I can roll over very easily from my tummy to my back (however lately it has seemed that I have forgotten). I continue to practice rolling from my back to my tummy by jolting my head back and grabbing my toes so I fall on my side. I love my newly found feet. I giggle when mom puts them in my face and find them very interesting to look at. I am not as flexible as my cousin Ryan so I don’t suck on them, but I wish I could. Grandma and Granddad Wilcock recently bought me a jungle gym with lots of hanging toys. This is my new favorite place to play. Mom calls me “the destroyer” because I love to swat really hard at many of the toys. It also has a hanging mirror and I love to look at myself (though who could blame me). Mommy thought the day my hair would stop falling out and start growing back would never come, but it has! Slowly but surely, hair on the top of my head is returning and my mom loves playing with it. Also, I am such a talker! I love to jabber mommy’s ear off (and throw some really high pitched screams in once in a while). I respond most with talking and kicking when people talk to me which is good for my development. Everyone loves my giggle and daddy is by far the best at making me laugh.
Another big step we took this week is starting me on solid foods. Like most babies, I started eating rice cereal and I did pretty good. Mom was smart to let me such on a spoon for much of the day so I got used to it’s feeling in my mouth. Everyone was really impressed with how easy it was for me (it is simple, I love to eat). Mommy is excited and hopes this will help me sleep better during the night (I still only eat once a night but I am back to waking up quite a bit).
Great news for daddy is that he got into Graduate school at BYU!! He begins this fall but we are not sure when we are moving back to Utah. Mommy is a little stressed about finding a place to live because she is pretty set on not moving during the two years we are spending there. My parents want a three bedroom place that is fairly new and well kept. If you know of anywhere available this summer or fall, let us know!

2 comments:

Kent and Kate said...

Oh he is so big! I can't wait until you guys come back and I can see him again.

Jen said...

I'm so excited that you guys are moving back to Utah! Yay! As for housing, I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears open if I hear of anything. I'd also recommend checking out the website ksl.com. It has great classified ads and a huge housing section. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=5017903&nid=651

Post a Comment