Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cousin Marin's Baptism

Well blow me down and call me Aunt Jemimah (as grandma Schlenker would say)! We have discovered that the one thing mommy has been avoiding like the plague because of SIDS actually helps me sleep better; who would have thought that sleeping on my belly would allow me to sleep like twice as long. The only problem is sometimes I don’t fall asleep on my belly and mommy doesn’t want to force anything on me but gets excited and scared when I do.
Mom is thrilled that I have started a new schedule. Instead of having 4 naps, I have two short naps in the morning and a long nap in the after noon. Because of this, mom bumped up my bedtime a half hour. Dad doesn’t like this as much because he doesn’t get to spend as much time with me, but I get so tired otherwise.
Just the other day I discovered rolling from my back to my tummy. Now I do it all the time. Sometimes when mom puts me on my play mat, she looks back and finds I have rolled myself all the way onto the floor roll or under the coffee table. She has to keep more of an eye on me but is still grateful because she knows this is only beginning.
A little while ago daddy helped Auntie Anne fix the stereo in her car. To re-pay him, she babysat me and treated mom and dad to a night out on the town. They went out for dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant in Berkley. They had a nice date and I had lots of fun with Auntie Anne. I am so silly though because when she took me to the park I fell asleep in the swing. My first time in a real swing and I fall asleep! Mom wished she could have seen that. Anne had so much fun with me, she is thinking of other favors we could do for her so she can babysit me again.


Left to right: Troy, his sister Marin holding Houston, Kathryn holding her brother Ryan
Yesterday we drove up to Sacramento so that we could attend Cousin Marin’s Baptism. It was so very special! Grandma Cari talked about the Holy Ghost and mommy played the piano so I got to hang out with daddy the whole time. Cousin Marin looked so beautiful in her white dress and was beaming the whole time. She is very mature for her age so I think she understood better than many children that get baptized at 8. After the baptism, the family gathered at Auntie Andi and Uncle Adam’s for a barbeque. We played a lot outside because the weather was so nice. Marin loved the gift we got her which was awesome because mommy spent over an hour picking it out. It was a colorful butterfly necklace and matching earrings. I was such a good boy the whole day and slept the whole way home. Mom and dad love that I can be pretty flexible during the day as long as I get some naps in (note: the key word is day). Alas, when will I ever sleep through the night?


The last bit of exciting news is that Daddy bought a dirt bike! He has been wanting to by a bike ever since he sold the scooter and finally got his wish. He got a great deal and loves riding it around. It is a 2008 Yamaha WR250R. It is a special bike that is great in the dirt but is also street legal so he will be able to drive it to school everyday and leave mommy and me the car. He picked it up on his way to Sacramento yesterday and was able to show it off to all the family. Mommy got to ride on the back for a little while but is excited to learn how to actually drive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment