Tuesday, April 27, 2010


Out for a walk in the rain. Don't I look like Daddy?


A little something we call "Pants on the Head"


Thursday was a very busy day for us. In the morning, mom had an appointment with the Medi-Cal (California’s Medicaid/government no-cost medical insurance) worker that is in charge of my health insurance application. Can you believe my mom has been trying to get me health insurance since January 27? She filled out 3 separate applications and spent hours on the phone. If you want to know more, you better ask her. This whole experience has made mom hate private health insurance and appreciate what she grew up with in Canada. She has discovered that she feels like health insurance is a right. When you have money to pay for fancy shmancy health insurance go right ahead, but when you can’t afford it, it needs to be provided. While we waited for me to get health insurance, mom prayed every night something would not happen to me. We have been very blessed that I have been so healthy. When mom went to the appointment with her worker, she said she wasn’t leaving until she had coverage for me. I am glad she left me with grandma and grandpa incase things got ugly. BTW she was successful with out having to beat anyone up!


After my next nap, mom and I went to the dollar store to get some birthday decorations. Thursday was grandma Cari’s birthday. We put up streamers and balloons and wore party hats when she came home from work. She thought I was the cutest birthday surprise ever! Afterward we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. I was so tired the whole time but refused to have a nap. I didn’t want to miss the party!
On Saturday we drove to Brentwood to celebrate both grandma Cari’s birthday again and Auntie Lora’s birthday which is Sunday. After a delicious meal we watched the Shark’s playoff hockey game and had some ice cream for dessert (well the adults did - I guess Ryan did have a little but mom didn't give me any...rude).
You will be happy to here to that most days last week I slept like an angel. Mommy was thrilled and got so much done! Unfortunately later in the week brought about more allergies so I woke up quite a bit because my nose was really stuffed up. That is no fun for anyone! I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow so mom is going to ask about allergy medication.
One other cute thing I am doing lately is sucking in my bottom lip and using that to make new noises. It seems I talk more and more everyday and daddy thinks I will be talking before I even crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment