Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas: Soon after we arrived and unpacked in Alameda, the family started to come to also stay at Grandma and Grandpa Wilcock’s house. I liked this because there was a lot of people to hold me and I got to sleep in Mommy and Daddy’s room. One person I was very excited to spend time with is my cousin Ryan. He is only 11 days older than me so I knew we would be good friends. He was supposed to be a month older than me but between his delivery being late and mine being very early, I am quite a bit behind him developmentally. Things that I am still working on that he is pro at is holding his head up without assistance, smiling a lot, giggling and being awake more often. I’ll catch up sooner or later. I change so much every week.
One of my favorite nights so far of the holidays was the variety show the family put on. Almost everyone participated. My favorite next to my mom and dad’s skit was auntie Anne’s rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas (though you wouldn’t guess since I slept through the whole thing). For the skit, uncle Tim and Dad pretended they were me and Ryan 5 years from now. What made it really funny was that mom and Auntie Lora were their arms but couldn’t see what they were doing. Everyone laughed really hard. After the show, almost everyone went to the new movie Avatar while Auntie Anne babysat me. I was such a good boy and slept almost the entire time. Mom enjoyed the movie but rushed home to be with me because she missed me a lot.
After that night I was introduced to the Wilcock family traditions at Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve at Great Grandma and Grandpa Coopers and had treats with potato soup. Christmas morning was spent in grandma and grandpa’s living room opening gifts. I got lots of cool stuff like DVDs clothes, books and toys. But once again I slept through the whole thing. Then everyone came over for breakfast burritos and games. That night we headed over to the Vastola’s for more games and a delicious meal.
Daddy was very fortunate after Christmas because he got to go to 3 professional sporting events 3 days in a row. First was a NHL Sharks game verses the Anaheim Ducks. They are big rivals so there were lots of fights. Mom got to go to this too and she had such a blast. Grandma Wilcock babysat me and things went alright. I cried so much after she fed me what mommy pumped for me Grandma went out and bought some formula. After about an ounce I was asleep. I am sort of a weirdo sometimes. The next day a bunch of the family went to a 49’s game. Mommy stayed home with me for this because she didn’t want to be away from me for that long. The night after daddy went to another Sharks game with Grandma. With all of this, Dad was in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment