Sunday, January 10, 2010

Big News


Now that we are back in once place for a little while, mom is putting me back into routines. Putting me down for naps is not as much of a chore anymore for mom unless I get over tired. She watches me very closely and as soon as I start showing sings for fatigue, she calms me down and I fall asleep. It is also becoming more normal for me to sleep 5-6 hours when I first go to bed, wake for a feeding and then sleep another 3-4 hours before waking up for the day. Mom loves this because she doesn’t feel like a zombie in the morning. In order for mom to get back into shape she is taking me on long walks along the water. It gets a little windy but for the most part I don’t mind the time outside. Mom has had a really bad cold these past few days so we haven’t been able to go out as much. I hope she gets better soon!
I have lots of great news this week! First, I have started to giggle and mom and dad are thrilled. The first time I did it, the three of us were on the couch and dad was playing with me. He kept saying me name in a high pitched voice and touching my nose. It wasn't long before I giggled a few times for him. The second time I did it was for mom. She had just put me in my bath water and was splashing water on me. I giggled for almost 10 seconds straight! I am just the cutest thing ever!
But the best news of all is that I have a new cousin!! Auntie Andi and Uncle Adam just found out last week that they could adopt a 4 year old boy named Troy. He has been in foster care since he was 18 months old but was able to join their family and give Marin and younger brother on Friday. We are all overjoyed and can’t wait to meet him. I think it will be great to have another older boy cousin to show Ryan and I the ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment