Sunday, November 22, 2009

I wasn’t able to write last week because mommy’s computer got another virus. Luckily Daddy was able to fix it so it didn’t cost them any money this time. One good update is that mommy and daddy were able to get the H1N1 vaccine. Mommy stood in line for an hour in the cold with me in order to get a ticket and a scheduled time to come back. Both mom and dad didn’t get the shot but received the nasal spray. The doctor said that I would be somewhat protected from the swine flu as well because antibodies are transferred to me from mom’s breast milk.
Last weekend end mom got really brave and cut her hair pretty short. She was able to donate 15 inches to “Locks of Love”. Wow that is some long hair. I didn’t notice because I only look at her face but she often says it will take some getting used to even though she likes it.
Mom also started reading a book call “The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer”. This book should help mom get me into a routine. I am still too young for a schedule but I really like routines because I am what the book calls a “touchy baby”. This means I tend to freak out when my routine changes or my needs are not met after soon after I give the cues. Mom is also teaching me how to put myself asleep in my crib. Mom was scared to start doing this because she thought she would have to listen to me cry, but I fall asleep pretty good by myself as long as I am not wound up.
I am now 6 weeks old and mom is suspecting that I am going through a growth spurt. I am quickly growing out of all my new born clothes. Mom is a little worried that I won’t fit into my blessing outfit but I think I’ll be fine. Daddy will bless me next Sunday at church. Grandma and Grandpa Wilcock are flying in Wednesday night and Grandma and Grandpa Schlenker along with Great Grandma and Grandpa Campbell are driving on Thursday. We are so excited to see everyone and spend thanksgiving with family. This will be my firs thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment