Wednesday, December 2, 2009


What a weekend! It started when Grandma and Grandpa Wilcock flew in to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. Instead of cooking a big meal, we went to Magleby’s Grill and everyone (but me) had a delectable and very filling meal (I enjoyed it later). Great Grandma and Grandpa Cooper drove in that morning to also celebrate with us. The next day I was excited to see Grandma and Grandpa Schlenker. They drove all the way from Canada! They brought Great Grandma and Grandpa Campbell but I was able to meet them until Friday. On Friday practically the whole family hung out all day. We all went out for lunch to Burger Supreme and then Mommy and Daddy took Grandma and Grandpa Schlenker and Great Grandpa Cooper to hike the Y on the mountain. The other 3 grandmas babysat me. That night all the old guys went to a Grizzly’s Hockey game in Salt Lake while I hung out with the ladies, ate at Zupas and watched Twighlight (mommy wanted to watch it again before watching New Moon). On Saturday, Daddy and Grandma Wilcock went to the big BYU vs Utah football game. I watched it on TV with Mom and Grandpa Wilcock. It was intense but BYU came out on top. Needless to say daddy came home very happy which was good because he was going to bless me the following day.
Sunday was such a special day. I ate so good in the morning so mommy knew I would be a good boy for all of sacrament meeting. Mommy may have even fed me a little too well; about 10 minutes before the church meeting began I had quite the explosion in my pants. When Grandma Wilcock went to change me she discovered I pooed right through my whole outfit!! Mommy and Grandma Schlenker came running when they heard the news. Mommy was a little sad because the outfit I was supposed to wear had been worn by Uncle Matt and Mark as well as Cousins Ashton, Nick and Wyatt so it was sort of a tradition. But in the end, Mommy couldn’t really help but laugh because there always has to be a story. I ended up being blessed in my slightly soiled onesie and a white blanket. I stayed awake for the whole blessing but didn’t make a sound. I was too busy listening to Daddy’s special prayer for me. I knew it was coming directly from my Heavenly Father. I want to thank all of the men that participated in the blessing circle and the rest of the family for traveling to come support me, mommy and daddy. After the blessing the family gathered at Smiths in Draper for a nice meal prepared by Grandma Schlenker and Great Grandma Campbell. BTW in case you are wondering, we were able to get the stain out with nothing but the best Proctor and Gamble products compliments of Richelle and Deejay.
Now that everyone has left Mom is trying to get me back to putting myself to sleep in my crib. I was so spoiled when family was here and was held during every nap I took during the day. I am almost 2 months old so I should be sleeping more in night but it may take a while to get back into the swing of things. I haven’t quite given anyone a real smile, but I am getting close. Mom thinks it will come any day now and she is very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment