Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 3

November 1, 2009
This week started out a little rough because I got circumcised. Grandma decided to stay home for this part and mommy and daddy took me to see a real nice doctor. After they stripped and weighed me (I was up to 8 pounds 3 ounces) and doctor came and explained the whole procedure to my parents. When it was time, they took me into the procedure room and strapped me to a hard plastic bed. The worst part was getting the numbing needles but after that the nurse gave me some sugar water to suck on and I was tough. Mom didn’t watch very much of it and was glad when it was over. A ring and string was left on me wee wee and should fall off sometime this week. Dad bought some liquid Tylenol for me and I love its grape flavor!
Later in the week mom took me to the WIC clinic so she could re-register and continue to receive their services. I had gained 2 pounds at this appointment was up to 8 pounds, 9 ounces! The nurse was very impressed because they only expect babies like me to be back up to birth weight by now.
I have been a little fussier this week. I still love to be held a rarely sleep on my own. This isn’t a big deal during the day when mom, dad and grandma are available but mom doesn’t like it much at night when she wants to sleep.
Friday and Saturday were sad because grandma Schlenker was getting ready to leave. She has been here for 2 weeks and I have really grown to love her. Mommy is going to miss her and miss the mornings Grandma would take me so mommy could catch up on sleep. Luckily she is coming back for my baby blessing in a few weeks. Grandpa Schlenker will be coming to meet me then too. Along with him I will also meet for the first time Grandpa Wilcock, Great Grandma and Grandpa Cooper, Cousin Marin and possibly Uncle Adam.
Saturday was my first Halloween. Grandma Schlenker made my costume and I was a deflated football! Mom and dad didn’t do too much Halloween night other than give out candy so they had time to take lots of pictures of me in my costume. My costume is very warm and comfy so I might ware it to Daddy’s football game next week. I am so darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment