Thursday, May 10, 2012

April

Houston The first weekend in April was General conference and we were lucky enough to get a visit from Uncle Derek (mom’s younger brother). We got to spend lots of time with him at Smith’s in Draper and also at our house. We even got to see him surf.
The next weekend was really special; it was my brother’s blessing weekend. We were fortunate to have lots of family come visit and participate in his blessing. First Uncle Mark, Auntie Laurel and their boys, Ashton, Nick and Beckham arrived. It was a bit of a crazy house but us boys had so much fun playing! Ashton and Nick even got to sleep in my room with me. This arrangement worked out great as long as the night light held up to keep everyone feeling safe. The next day, Grandma Cari and Grandad came to play too. This was granddad’s first time meeting baby Damon and like everyone, he was smitten! The day after they arrived, I was able to show my cousins one of my favorite places: the Bean Animal Museum on BYU’s campus (I’m sure you remember me mentioning this before). They were pretty impressed esspecially with the big “daddy bear”.
The next day (day before Easter) we were able to participate in a huge Easter egg hunt in BYU’s football stadium. There were tons of kids there and we got tons of candy!
That night even though mom was exsausted, she stayed up late making preparations for the following day which was Easter and the day of Damon’s blessing. I’ll let Damon take it from here. Damon The morning of my blessing was a little crazy trying to get everyone ready in time for 9am church, but we all made it! Most of the Smith clan drove from Draper to attend also. We even had some other friends come and show their support: Daddy’s co-workers, Kevin, Jeff and Chelsea and other friends like Jessica, Shelly, Gary and Liz. Thanks everyone for coming! We are so grateful to your love and friendship! Of course my actual blessing was very special. I am so lucky to have a daddy that worthily holds the Priesthood and can exercise his faith to bless me now and throughout my life. I was such a good boy and slept through the whole thing.
After the first hour of church, we all met at our complex’s clubhouse for some brunch. Grandma Cari, Grandma Schlenker and Auntie Laurel helped make some yummy (and hopefully crispy) waffles for everyone. It was so nice to visit and celebrate me!
Houston Since it was Easter, the Easter bunny did come but he was accomodating enough to come after my brother’s festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment