Saturday, February 26, 2011

what a great life!


Just for laughs.


For my mom’s birthday, I thought I would give her the gift of waking up an hour and a half earlier than I usually do. I figured she would want to be awake for more of her special day. Turns out I was wrong though. Since we were up so early, mom had time to get ready and then we were off to institute. The rest of the day was pretty normal until daddy came home. He had arranged for a babysitter to come so he could take mom out. They went to Good Wood for supper, then for frozen yogurt and then to see “The King’s Speech”. Overall it was a very special day. Mommy wanted to thank everyone who gave or sent her cards and all those who called to wish her the best! As for gifts, I got her a balloon which I actually like to play with more than her, dad got her a women’s size basketball, and everyone else gave her money. With her money she bought a new curling rod for her hair which she LOVES and hopes to also buy a day of snowboarding. From G & G Campbell, she got a pair of mittens from the Vancouver Olympics. She had seen these in pictures and really wanted a pair so she is absolutely thrilled!
BYU basketball has been so fun to watch this year and Mom and Daddy decided to take me to an afternoon home game. They were a little nervous I wouldn’t like the constant loud noise especially because it was verses Utah. Much to their happiness and surprise, however, I loved every moment. When they turned the lights off and played the music really loud at the beginning, I was right into it clapping and smiling from ear to ear. Because of mom and dad’s love of BYU and even great love for me, it was a very proud moment for them!

The game was the Saturday before Valentine’s Day so I guess that is what we did to celebrate. On the actual day, nothing was really different other than dad trying to pick up a heart shaped pizza that turned out not being heart shaped. O ya, and mom and daddy exchanged gifts: mom gave dad a little stuffed bear holding a heart and sitting on candy and dad gave mom a beautiful pair of earrings and a heart necklace.

Dad was able to find some time to explore some mountains near Springville during President’s Day weekend. He got some pretty amazing pictures!

Fun in the snow… a storm brought in 9 inches over night and the next day was sooo beautiful, mom and I wouldn’t pass up the fun!


Latley a new thing I have been doing is dancing. Mom and dad find this very entertaining and finally got it on tape today when we were at a friend’s 1st birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment