Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On Feb 9th I will be 16 months old!! On Feb 7th mom will be 25!!!

This videos shows one of my favorite hobbies. I always put my hand up to my face whenever I drop something like i'm saying "o o" or "where'd it go?".



There are so many new things I am doing:

Some new words I say are “all done”, shoes, and yes. “Yes” is mom and dad’s favorite because I can answer questions. When my answer is no I just look at them with a blank stare. Mom is happy I learned “yes” before “no” because she would rather me be a “yes baby”. The only problem is, I don’t get “no”. I always think mom and dad are just playing when they say it, so I laugh and continue to do whatever they want me to stop doing. They even started trying 1 minute time outs in my room when I misbehave but it doesn’t seem to register that I am being punished. I am perfectly happy playing in my room with the door shut. Some people have recommended that they try putting me in my crib for time out but mom is worried about that. She worked so hard to help me have a good association with sleeping time in my crib, she doesn’t want to take that away. She would welcome ANY other suggestions people have to help me understand the meaning of “no” or “stop”.

Now I walk about half the time and crawl about half the time. I love walking around outside to look at cars, cows, blowing leaves and snow.

Mom and dad have been super impressed with my ability to eat with a fork. I get discouraged if mom forgets to give me one. I think she is forgetting what I big boy I am.

I am a big boy except when it comes to wanting to drink milk from a sippy cup. Mom has tried to give it to me for about 2 weeks now. At first I took it, took some drinks and abandoned it, but now I won’t even try and she ends up giving me a bottle; she knows how important drinking milk is still for my age. I think she is hoping that, like my breast feeding weaning, one day I’ll just take it and be happy from then on. Mom will take any suggestions on this challenge as well.

Here is a quick update on mommy:

She still loves going to institute but doesn’t really like taking me anymore. Luckily however, her good friend Shelly has a class break when mommy wants to attend her class so she plays with me in the building lobby. For the 2 minutes after mommy leaves, I am not a big fan of the arrangement at all, but Shelly is so fun we end up having a great time. What a good friend!!

One of the highlights of mom’s week is playing basketball each Saturday. She heard that our Stake had a league and was able to get on a pretty good team. Even though she is pretty sore after each game, she loves reviving the skills that she had in high school.

We made our 3rd bedroom into a “moffice” (mom-office) for mommy. Now she can organize all of her primary and scout stuff as well as keep her sewing machine up to work on projects. One of the best parts is she can light any fragranced candles she wants and daddy can’t complain (she is loving the hazelnut latte candle she got for Christmas).

Daddy:

He still loves shooting and has had the opportunity to go out to practice with some buddies lately. He also added some new speakers to his truck and is tuning up his bike a lot. Since mommy got her moffice, daddy has taken over the garage and made it into his “work man cave”. Mommy appreciates when daddy keeps his “special fragrances” down there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment