Monday, March 14, 2011

New Cousin!!


This is me in my “happy place”: no pants, warm milk in a bottle and of course my “melmo”.

The best update of all is that I have yet another boy cousin on the Schlenker side (that makes 5 grandsons on the Schlenker side so far and no girls; I guess Derek and his future wife will have to be in charge of making baby girls). Beckham Mark Schlenker was born on March 10 and joined Uncle Mark and Auntie Laurel’s family. They now have thee boys and I can’t wait to see them all again so we can all play. I am sure I will be as obsessed with little Beckham as Ashton and Nick were with me when I was younger. Mommy and me are always looking for ways to get up to Canada, so if you know of an inexpensive way, please let us know!!



I have been learning so many new words lately! The three latest are “all gone” (galgon), hat and elmo (melmo). I love watching Elmo on Sesame Street so when mom and dad found a stuffed Elmo for me, I was overjoyed! He even laughs when you push his belly.
So for the past couple of months I have not been dealing with as much separation anxiety as I have in the past. But in the last couple of weeks, I have been even more extreme and simply love strangers. Mom wishes she could put me in nursery now because she thinks I would thrive. Having babysitters is so fun and going out to play is even better. Last week at Stake Conference, I wasn’t thrilled about sitting on my mom’s lap so I went for a strole and found a very friendly teenage boy. I sat in his lap and ate my cracker for about the last 15 minutes of Conference. Mom and dad didn’t know what to think but they will definitely embrace this new development.

This is me in NURSERY! Even though I am not yet 18 months, dad has been taking me for the past couple of Sundays and so far I love it (he just has to stay with me the whole time because of the 18 month rule). The first time I went, I fell off the little person chair and cut my lip so I didn’t last the whole time. But this last Sunday went much better. Mom and dad are in shock that I am so grown up.

Last week, mom substituted for a music class again. I was able to stay with one of my best friends, Rusty who lives really close to us. His mommy is so nice and took very good care of me. Mom loves that she has nice people that she can trust close by because we are not geographically close to many family members. Last week turned out to be a great experience for both of us!

This video may need some explanation: Recently mom has discovered that some particular face movements make me laugh, specifically opening and shutting eyes and raising and lowering eyebrows. A couple of days ago I tried to imitate her and this video is of exactly that. My imitation attempts had mom laughing so hard she knew she had to share it. At the end, you can hear me singing my favorite song, “Poor Old Horse” which is pretty cute as well.



If I’m not walking outside, I’m crawling with shoes on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment