Saturday, October 30, 2010

More Firsts

Whoooo what a week; lots of new firsts. Grandma and Papa Schlenker were in town for the weekend and they gave me lots of loving.

For my birthday, they gave me a Fisher Price farm and a snow suite. It’s a good thing because I love going outside even when it is cold and I don’t want the snow to stop me. It snowed once this week which was exciting but has been pretty mild ever since. Daddy has been looking for a cheap commuter car because he can’t ride his motor bike in the snow. If anyone can help us out that would be greatly appreciated.

Last Saturday, BYU played and we ALL went. Unfortunately the first game mom decides to take me to, it pours rain. Luckily it only lasted a little while, but it definitely made finding parking and staying warm a challenge. I was pretty good for the whole game but afterward, mom’s arms were pretty sore because I prefer her holding me to anyone else.
After saying goodbye to Grandma and Papa, we had a pretty quiet week. It’s a good thing because once November arrives, things are going to get crazy, at least for mom and me. First mom is heading to California for a friend’s wedding and Grandma Schlenker is coming back to babysit me. Mom is getting pretty nervous about leaving me for 4 days and hopes she will enjoy this nice break she gets. Two days after mom gets home, her and I fly to Toronto to visit Uncle Matt, Auntie Crystal and Cousin Wyatt. That trip is going to be so much fun! Then a day after we get home from that, mom is substitute teaching a music class for a whole week so I will be getting babysat all day by a friend of my moms. My mom is also nervous about that but at least she gets to hang out with me at night and put me to bed. When that week is over, it is Thanksgiving! We are super sad that we will not be able to go to Daddy’s home in California this year. BYU has a game that weekend and Daddy just can’t get away. We will still plan to celebrate either with Smiths or with Daddy’s colleagues.
Yesterday, mom and dad took me to my first BYU basketball game. I enjoyed it much more than the football because of the squeaky noises and people running around. Plus it was much shorter.
Well I continue to learn really fast and mom figures I learn to understand about 1-2 new words a week. Mom and dad love my new communication abilities and figure I’ll be walking and talking in no time. We aren’t doing too much for Halloween this year. Mom thinks next year will be a good first year to go trick or treating but this year I will just look cute while mom and dad hand out candy.

Me stuck in the stap on mom’s bra.



Mom found this message via diaper the morning after daddy put me to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment