Sunday, October 10, 2010

At the age of 1

Yesterday was my official birthday so I am now 1 year old!!! It is surreal to mom and dad to think they have only had me for a year because life is just hard to imagine without me. I am pretty much the best baby! About a week after my last post, I started napping again and have been sleeping through the night ever since. I am a much happier baby during the day as a result and mom and I have so much fun. Mom doesn’t know what to do with all of her new found energy.
My awesome schedule permits mom to go to an institute class twice a week at UVU. Her friend Shelly invited her and she loved it so much she decided to enroll for the semester. The class is on church history and the teacher is really engaging. So far I cooperate so well and mom is hoping it lasts through the semester.
Dad is still super busy with school and football. BYU has not been doing great, but our last game showed a bit more promise so I guess that is good news. Even though mom loves BYU, she wouldn’t be heart broken if they didn’t make it to a bowl game this year so that we can have a nice long Christmas holiday with family. Dad travels with the team to Texas to play TCU next weekend.

The past two weekends have been so fun because we have been celebrating my birthday. We have had 2 out of 3 parties so far. The first one was really big. As you may remember it was a pirate party so mom, dad and I dressed like pirates and mom made me a treasure chest cake. Lots of family and friends came and I received so many awesome gifts: a walker train, a cell phone, lots of books, 2 drums, a popping vacuum, blocks, cute clothes and shoes. Grandma Cari, Granddad Wilcock, Great Grandma and Grandpa Campbell and Uncle Derek were all in town from afar to help me celebrate. This weekend, Great Grandma and Grandpa Cooper were in town so we had another, much smaller, party today. They brought be a read wagon from my Great Aunt and Uncle and Grandma bought me a “slap chop” so mom can make my meals easier. For both parties I was offered cake, tried it and turned my nose up. There are worse things to not like and at least I liked to play with the frosting. Papa Schlenker is convinced that he can get me to like sweets so we will see when they come at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment