Friday, July 9, 2010

Apparently I'm not the best traveler

I think my daddy’s first father’s day went pretty great. You’ll have to ask him to know for sure but I think he will agree. He woke up to mommy and me bringing him the Sunday paper and his gift. For his gift, mommy had two matching silver plated coins engraved with some scriptures on one side and a family coat of arms on the other. Since one is for me and one is for dad, these coins will always be a symbol of our special bond. A little while later, mommy made dad’s favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy. I didn’t get any but it looked super good. Then we went to church and mommy made dad steaks (well he is better on the grill so he actually made them himself).
Later in the week, dad found out that he got almost a week off of work so we decided to head up to Ashley Lake and spend some time with Grandma and Papa Schlenker. The drive up was pretty rocky. We left late after dad’s work and it is at least a 10 hour drive (more with me) so much of the drive was during the night. Since I am almost too big for my car seat, I was not able to get comfy enough to sleep for long periods so that was a little stressful.

Once we got there however, it was amazing. Mom took me on walks and down to the dock. This is the first time I have seen this place in the summer and it is pretty nice. I can tell why mommy and daddy love it so much. On Friday, Grandma Schlenker drove down from girl’s camp but our reunion was less than ideal. Since mommy had just chopped off the tip of her thumb chopping lettuce, she was ignoring me and I was crying. Luckily Grandma was there to save me from my neglect and daddy came to assist mommy’s impairment. My favorite part about being at the lake was the mornings. After I woke up and was fed, mommy took me up to wake Papa and Grandma. They think I am the best thing to wake up to. Then she would leave me with them to snuggle and play in the bed covers while she went back to bed. I think this was everyone’s favorite part. I was really excited to go for a boat ride and see mommy ski but the boat wouldn’t start so I’ll have to wait until the end of July when Mommy and me are going back.

Also while we were at the lake, we celebrated mommy and daddy’s 4 year wedding anniversary (July 5). In the morning they exchanged gifts and then cleaned and worked on the boat (how romantic). They stick to traditional gifts and this was year fruit and flowers (easy for daddy for not so much for mom). Dad got mom some beautiful pink Cyclamen flowers and some candy peaches. Mom got dad some fruit flavored starburst and mike ‘n ikes, and made him a key lime pie from scratch. They both LOVED their gifts. Later that day they went for a romantic quad ride up fish creek road while grandma babysat me. I am so happy that my parents are so happily married. I can tell that they love each other very much. We all have so much fun and can’t wait until our family grows even bigger (well maybe mommy can wait).
On the 9th, I become yet another month older. My parents cannot believe that I am 9 months old and will be celebrating a birthday for me soon. I am definitely moving around more but still not crawling. Papa Schlenker tried to help me learn but I am still not ready. Instead of crawling, I sort of dig my toes into he ground and then use my head to maneuver my way to my destination. It is quite a sight. I haven’t quite figured out that my ARMS are the key to moving more. I still only have two cute little teeth but my hair is growing thicker although it is much lighter than mommy was anticipating. I will go to a new doctor soon to see how much I have grown.
I forgot to mention that mommy finished my room. It isn’t much, but I love it. The bed, dresser and quilt were gifts from Grandma and Papa Schlenker, and the rocking chair was a gift from Grandma Cari and Granddad. Mommy worked very hard to put the furniture together, sew the curtains, stain the shelves, paint my name, and find cute wall decorations. When mom sees me smile at the decorations it makes her very happy. She was finally able to fulfill her nesting needs! Check out the slideshow below.

No comments:

Post a Comment