Friday, June 14, 2013

The Present Day, Finally!

Damon

Mom and dad just love finding me looking at books on my own.

If you have been around Me, you know I have quite a jabber mouth, though it seems I'm the only one who knows what I'm saying. Lately, my family has been recognizing some of the words I have been using. Some of my first official words were "mamma", "Dadda" and "Bubba" (meaning brother). Soon after those I started saying "bye bye" and "puppy" anytime I saw a dog or any animal (even ducks).

I also am fascinated with babies and call anyone my size or smaller "baby". I even fell in love with a book at the library with lots of baby pictures and the day we got it I hardly put it down. Someone else I have fallen in love with is Elmo. My brother still likes to watch Sesame Street once in a while and between that and the Tickle-me-elmo we own, I am smitten. O and 2 other words I have almost mastered are "juice" because I love it and "uh, oh" because I get into a lot of mischief.

Such helpers, we are.

Some family helped us get this new bookshelf for my birthday. We set it up in Houston's room for now so that I can have his book self.

This is mommy's cousin who just graduated from high school and received his mission call to the San Fernando, California mission. He leaves August 28.

Practicing my shark mouth at the dentist. Overall I was pretty good, and no cavities so far!


It is definitely garage sale season here in GJ and we have made it out a bit. One thing we have scored on is games and puzzels for my brother. He is REALLY into puzzels right now and it is cool to see his brain being challenged.
At CMU, they are expanding the training room daddy works at. For a division 2 school, this upgrade is pretty impressive.
And I can't forget to mention that Daddy got a new truck! He had been looking for a while and finally found the perfect one at a GREAT deal. He was also able to sell his 1982 Ford for more than he was expecting.

1 comment:

Kristy Nunley said...

I can't believe Jake is a high school graduate and soon to be missionary! In my mind he's still a little kid doing pull ups on Mark's arm!

Post a Comment