Friday, June 14, 2013

More Milestones During Memorial Day Weekend

Damon
My dad and brother wanted one more practice run before doing the real thing.
We did have the opportunity to go camping for the first time on the Thursday night before Memorial Day weekend. We were lucky we decided to stay close to home because we got off to a rough start forgetting our clothes bag. Once we got settled however, we had a great evening making dinner, walking around the lake and campsite, playing at the park, flying a cool toy daddy brought and making s'mores around the camp fire. Night time was a different story, at least for mom. I ended up just sleeping beside her with blankets and between my multiple wakings, active sleep patterns, our loud neighbors and train whistles mom did not get a lot of sleep even after taking a sleep aid. Because I was up so much, I was the last one awake in the morning. Luckily they saved me some chocolate chip pancakes. After cleaning up we headed back to town and attended a Summer Kick-Off Lone Ranger party thrown by my friend Gordie.

The next highlight of this weekend was the trip Dad and Houston took to the Circus! Daddy made this special video which includes our favorite song (and mom's least favorite song).


On Memorial Day, daddy went for a dirt bike ride with our home teacher. Our home teacher's wife and 5 kids invited us to go swimming. This was my first time and we had a blast though the pictures don't really depict that. My brother is pretty into bugs right now as you can see.
Afterwards we all went to their house for a BBQ and to play with all their toys. Four out of 5 of their kids are boys ranging from age 4-13 so Houston was in Heaven. The baby girl, who is just younger than me, and I basically just ate and tried to climb up everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment