Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fun with Friends

Two weeks ago mom had a doctor’s appointment and it was determined from an ultrasound that my baby brother was breech (head up instead of down how it should be). Since mom was only 32 weeks along, the doctor was not worried about him turning, but mommy was! Most breech babies are delivered via c-section and mom does NOT want a c-section. Luckily at her 34 week appointment, another quick ultrasound showed that the baby had flipped and mom was relived. The doctor was doubtful that he will flip again…phew! Going into the doctor, mom had suspected the baby had flipped because she felt more kicking movement up by her ribs and a huge mound (head) did not stick out the top of her belly anymore.

I love going to the doctor with mom and always remember that I get to hear my baby brother’s heart beat.

For a while after we got back from Christmas holidays I was on a really late schedule and mom and dad had mixed feelings about it. The awesome part was I was sleeping in until about 8 or 8:30 every morning. That meant I wouldn’t get tired for a nap until about 2 or 2:30. The worst part was, I wasn’t going to sleep until about 9:30 or 10pm every night. It wasn’t that I was being a brat or anything, I just wasn’t tired until then. Even though mom liked sleeping in, the later nights were hard on her because she didn’t have anytime to herself or with daddy since she was going to bed very soon after me. Luckily, one Sunday I just refused to nap so mom and dad put me down early for bed and I have been on a better schedule every since, going to bed at around 8:30 or 9. That still may seem late, but all efforts on mom and dad’s part to put me down earlier simply do not work.

A couple of weeks ago, some friends invited us to go bowling. This was my first time, and I had tons of fun. Mom and dad both enjoy bowling as well, so we might have to start going more often.




Yesterday, we also had a fun Saturday with the same friends (Kate and Kent and their children Afton and Stone). We invited them over for a dinner of appetizers and we had quite the feast. Mom and dad started their preparations in the morning and really enjoyed spending some quality time together all day in the kitchen. While they were busy, I played with a buddy of mine named Rusty. He is just younger than me and we play so good together. Plus we made a royal mess of my toys. Afterwards, Kate and the kids stayed to play and Dad and Kent went to a very intense BYU basketball game. Overall it was an amazing Saturday!

This sort of feast was unusual for daddy as of late because he has started dieting to loose some weight. It has now been well over 2 weeks and he has lost well over 10 pounds! Mom and I are very proud of his new healthy habits.

Finally I wanted to share my latest obsession. Some children are attached to blankets or stuffed animals that they insist on sleeping with. I, however, am attached and must sleep each night with a hard plastic fireman’s hat. Mom and Dad are not quite sure where this came from but they find it quite amusing. The best part is in the morning when I come into mom and dad’s room, hardly able to walk or keep my eyes open, but I never fail to have my fire man’s hat on. It is sure a sight for sore eyes and mom wouldn’t want to wake up any other way. Yet, she just makes me take it off before I come snuggle with her. Also they find it pretty hard to get mad at me during bed time when I sheepishly come out of my room, head lowered, puppy dog eyes looking up and that darn hat on.


P.S. my new favorite movie is LION KING (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Cooper who gave it to me for Christmas)!! I make mom sing Akuna Matata almost every night before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment