Friday, May 13, 2011

Easter in California

Dad is officially done his second semester of graduate school with awesome grades once again! The day after his last exam, we flew to California to visit family for Easter. We were able to get the early flight so that we could hit up the A’s game. I stayed home with Grandma Cooper so I could nap but mom, dad, Grandma Cari and cousins Marin and Troy had a great time at the game.

Silly pictures while waiting for hot dogs



The next day, the rest of the family came and filled up grandma and granddad’s house. Friday night, we went to Auntie Anne and Uncle Dan’s to celebrate some birthdays (Grandma Cari, Auntie Lora and Cousin Becky). In the slide show, you will see me sporting some large boot; these were Becky’s… I’m so silly. The rest of the time we all made amazing memories going out for meals, going “spabbling” (hotubbing with bubbles), and playing/dancing outside. One high light for mom was the play her and the older cousins put on during the family party on Saturday night. It was called Liza Lou and the Yeller Belly Swamp (based on the picture book). They had fun preparing and the whole family enjoyed the well done performance.
Cousin Ryan (11 days older than me) and me were fun to watch. He still seems much older than me because he is developmentally way ahead of me, but we still had fun and I learned a lot from him. He really liked to push me around (just playing) but I was never that impressed with this particular game. Mom tried to teach me how to push back, but it wasn’t until later in Canada when I showed that I could push back.





Easter Day was a great day! The whole family got ready by 8:45am and was able to make it to church on time!! I was such a good boy which was nice so that mom and dad could enjoy the wonderful talks and music centered around Christ’s wonderful Resurrection.


After wards, me and my cousins came home to find a note from the Easter Bunny! He had hidden eggs in the front yard and we had to go find them. I caught on to the whole idea of finding eggs pretty easily and mom and dad were so proud. The cute Elmo basket was a gift from Grandma Cari and Granddad. I was in love with it and giving it hugs all the time.



Then I found out what was inside the plastic eggs and look out!

After my nap, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Coopers for a nice meal and lots of treats!

Unfortunately Monday was a sad day because we had to say goodbye to Daddy. He had to go home to Utah for work and to start school again, but mom and I had planned to fly to Canada to visit the Schlenker side of the family (details of that trip will come in the next entry).
Here is a slide show of the rest of the pictures we took in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment