Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Not Wasting Any Time

Damon
Here are a couple of shots from the airplane ride. For having a rough night and waking up at 4:30am, I was a pretty good boy!

Since we got home just after lunch and had nothing to do, mom decided to waste no time and take advantage of the time we would have together. That's when she whipped out the Big Boy Bed!
Overall I have taken quite a liking to it and have only fallen out a few times. This transition needed to happen sooner than later because when the baby is ready to sleep in my room, I will be moving in with Bubba and will sleep on the bottom bunk. Can't wait!

If you know my mom, you know she can be, at times, sort of a control freak. So according to her, another development that needed to occur was potty training.
Helping dad organize the garage.
Me placing stickers on my baby brother while mom kept in close proximity to me to catch potty-time.
I was a very different child than my brother to potty train. My mom used the same 3-day method as she did with Houston but I would say it took more like 4-5 days at least. I was great from the very start about telling mom I had to go potty and than keeping my undies dry. But as soon as she put me on the toilet, I would let fear get the best of me and I wouldn't go, not even for a sucker. It only took a few days to get over this fear but they were long days of mom worrying and asking me to tell her when I had to go. Once we figured out #1, we had to figure out #2. I am having similar problems and it is taking more time to figure out because I typically only go once a day, but we are getting there. I love my big boy undies much better than diapers, plus I look so darn cute in them!
Yay for me my abilities to learn and grow so fast. I will be so ready for this baby to arrive! Mom is currently 35 weeks along so in (probably) less than a month I could have a new baby brother to help look after (or terrorize).

No comments:

Post a Comment