Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TWO YEARS OLD!

I AM TWO!! Isn’t that awesome?? The actual weekend of my birthday (Oct 9) , Grandma Cari came to visit. We had so much fun and she spoiled us rotten. For my birthday, she bought me some little Tonka trucks and a cool “slide” for them to go down.

One of the highlights was going to the pumpkin patch to pick out some Halloween pumpkins. There we also enjoyed playing in the corn pit, petting the animals, climbing on the old fashioned tractor and finding our way through the hay maze.


Grandma and mom also got to go to a BYU football game. Since it started when I usually go to bed, I went and spent sometime with some friends and fell asleep there. If you were watching closely, we heard that mommy and her Canadian gloves made it on TV!


Last weekend was super busy but I think it was a good thing because mom was getting awfully anxious for the ultra sound. Daddy was out of town in Oregon with the football team so it was just mommy and me. Over the two days, mommy babysat 5 different children (from 4 families). Amongst all the, what seemed like constant babysitting, on Friday mommy was able to make 2 pies, and a huge crock pot of soup. This was in preparation for a ward party we went to on Saturday. Mom had the crazy idea of taking 2 kids she was watching along with me to this ward party by herself; probably not the smartest idea. There was a lot of people there and between carrying around a very mobile 18 month old boy, dealing with some of my temper tantrums and trying to hold a constant conversation with a very bright 4 year old girl, needless to say there were a couple of stressful moments. Mom was relieved when we finally made it to there friends house to put all of us to bed. However that was a struggle in its self; finally by about 9:45 there was silence and mommy could relax. Even though this sounds a bit crazy, mommy LOVES babysitting and overall had some great learning experiences (and maybe a taste of the future). Plus, any of these families mommy helped out are always completely willing to watch me at any time which mommy is VERY grateful for. We are lucky to have so many nice, trustworthy friends around!

3 comments:

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Sorry to be a part of the madness. I hope you will not be so nice in the future and JUST SAY NO to me!! Haha, well you have one cute little two year old!

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Wahoo! Congrats!

Unknown said...

O don't be sorry! Juliette is always a pleasure and we have so much fun with her.

Post a Comment