Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ashley Lake 2011

After our week in Yellowstone, Mommy and me drove with Grandma and Grandpa Cooper west to Ashley Lake (they wanted to stop on their way home to California). It was a pretty quiet week for the most part with Grandma Schlenker, Auntie Laurel and Cousins Ashton, Nick and Beckham. Now that I am a little older, I was much better at playing with the older boys. We like to chase each other and ride bikes outside. I showered baby Beckham with hugs and kisses and mom hopes I will still love babies as much when our addition comes along. Each morning it became sort of a tradition that Grandma Schlenker would take turns taking each boy out on the Kayak. Mommy really liked the mornings it was my turn so she could go back to sleep and try to battle her nausea. I learned to really enjoy these outings.


Cousin Ashton made bead bracelets for each member of the family including me!


There is never a shortage of sweets and junk food at the lake.


Later in the week, Auntie Laurel and the boys went home and Uncle Derek came with many of his friends. Many of them became my buddy and they liked to copy my dance moves on the boat.

Mommy and me flew home but 4 days later were back because daddy was able to get a couple of days off and hadn’t been to the lake yet. Grandma Schlenker was still there and later came Papa, Uncle Mark, Auntie Laurel and the boys again. We enjoyed lots of good times on the boat and I eventually stopped bawling my eyes out every time mommy went for a ski.
One evening after one of many fire pits/wiener roasts, I watched as daddy and my cousins went swimming in the cold water. Watching wasn’t enough for me however so I decided to jump in too. Since it was almost bedtime, mom and dad stripped me and we called it “bath time in Montana”. Mom and dad were so proud of me for braving the cold water and daddy will never forget how much fun he had with me.




Of course we did lots of quadding and I continue to love it.



And tubing


After a few fun filled days, Daddy had to go back to Utah to work for a couple of days. He insisted that mommy and I stay however because he planned to drive back when his work was done for the week. Even though he had to deal with a lot of driving, it was worth it because our last full day was the most fun.
In the morning I was able to ski behind the boat… well sort of. Grandma and Papa Schlenker own this floatation device called a Ski Trainer that can be pulled behind the boat. It is meant to give little guys like me a chance to gain some confidence behind the boat. I wasn’t scared at all but just in case I fell daddy was right there dragging by a ski rope.




Later in the day our neighbors, the Wallaces set up a huge slide (made from a large pipe), a swing rope and lots of floatation devices in an obstacle course trying to mimic the show "Wipe Out". Anyone who wanted to got a chance to try it. Of course mom and dad couldn't resist along with most of our family. Mom said it was super fun even though it was probably the hardest physical thing she has done in a very long time. Dad also did very well but no one beat Uncle Derek's time of 1 minute, 8 seconds and Uncle Mark's time just 8 seconds longer.

Uncle Mark always pushing the limits. I hope you can see how high he is throwing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment