Friday, September 3, 2010

sick

Mom was a little frustrated this week because I was not sleeping well during the day or night. On Thursday we discovered the reason: I was getting my first ear infection. Wednesday night I woke up multiple times very stuffed up and the next day I got a really bad fever. When my fever got to 102.8, mom called the doctor and he said to bring me in. At the doctor, my fever was over 103 and he determined that I had an ear infection. They got me on some amoxicillin so hopefully that will help me feel better in the next couple of days. I have not been myself for the past couple of days; really drowsy and weepy. I am also very cuddly and am happiest when I am in my mom or dad’s arms. Mom and Dad have been giving me lots of extra love and snuggles and are asking that you keep me in your prayers so I can be comforted during this very uncomfortable time.
On to some happier news…on Thursday, mom had the opportunity to substitute teach for a friend’s music class at a Provo elementary school. It was only for half a day but she loved it! She taught choir first thing in the morning and then two 3rd grade classes. Daddy was able to babysit me this time but mom hopes to find a babysitter at some point so she can sub again. The crappy part of this is that mom doesn’t get paid very much. Even with degrees and teaching licenses no teacher really gets paid great in Utah, but subs have it really bad at least in the Provo school district.
Also, the first BYU football game is this Saturday! If you are watching it, look for daddy on TV. He will be on the side lines the whole time. Mom got tickets but when she found out I was sick, she decided not to go. However, Auntie Richelle offered to come watch me so if I am feeling a bit better, mom might still go. BYU is playing Washington so it should be a good game. If you have not heard, BYU football decided to get out of the Mountain West Conference and go independent like Notre Dame (not until next year though). This should bring a lot more national exposure to the team and more money too. All the other BYU sports will play for the West Coast Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment